Social media addiction is a hot topic at the moment. Are you an addict?
Many recent articles across a range of media have been investigating how much of our daily life is devoted to technology and in particular focussing on social media. Its not just teens and twenty-somethings who are the main culprits – research has revealed that we are all spending too much time checking our phones.
These are some of the shocking problems that were found – do you count yourself in any of these?
- Spending an average of 2 hours/day checking social media
- Using sites to vent your thoughts
- Finding yourself feeling more stressed/frustrated as comments/awareness make you angry
- Wishing you hadn’t just spent the last hour browsing
- Feeling envious of others/anxious about your own achievements/life
- Worried you aren’t communicating in person enough
- Unable to sleep – maybe you’ve been checking your phone just before bedtime
- Affecting your self-esteem or relationships
“Almost half (45%) of young people are checking their mobile phones after they have gone to bed, a poll suggests.
A survey of 2,750 11- to 18-year-olds found one in 10 admitted checking their mobile phones for notifications at least 10 times a night” – BBC.co.uk
If you want some more support contact us and we can help you with some coaching.